Changing Room Refurbishment
The changing rooms at Eric Liddell Sports Centre will undergo a complete rebuild. Construction work will start in February 2022 for approximately 6 months, and we’re hoping to open our newly designed and improved changing rooms in time for the October half term. The estimated cost of the investment is over one million pounds with a considerable portion allocated to mechanical and electrical services. The project is funded by Eltham College.
As with any large construction works there will be some disruption caused to our services in the short term, however we have put plans in place to minimise this as much as possible. From Monday 28th February we will provide temporary changing areas and an alternative route to our swimming pool via our Dance Studio. Temporary toilets will also be introduced but there will not be any access to showers for the full duration of the works. There should be no disruption to the Swimming Pool, Gym and Sports Hall areas where activities take place and therefore should not disrupt the Eric Liddell Swimming Academy or any of our current bookings. We expect the majority of construction work to be carried out, outside of the centres public opening hours, therefore providing minimal disruptions with noise etc.
As we lose the Dance Studio, we will need to relocate all classes and bookings, which currently occupy the area to the nearby ‘College Meadow Pavilion’ which can be accessed from just a short drive, via Marvels Lane. Our classes will have exclusive use of College Meadow Pavilion which provides car parking and toilets. From Monday 14th February many of our classes will be scheduled here for the full duration of the works, with the exception of week commencing 21st February or 25th April when there will be no classes due to location being in use for examination commitments. On return to the Dance studio our classes will be the beneficiary of a new multi-purpose sprung floor. All F30 classes will be held in the gym and will run every week throughout.
Our booking process for classes will remain the same, but please make note of the location of each class, noting we are unable to change the name of the location on the app until Monday 14th February, so it will still display as Dance Studio during the first week of relocating. We will provide further details of the location of College Meadow and will have staff ready to meet you and show you where to go.
Here is a full list of classes moving to College Meadow Pavilion, from Monday 14th February:
|Monday||Indoor Cycling||6.05 – 6.50pm|
|Monday||Boot Camp||7 – 8pm|
|Wednesday||Indoor Cycling||6.05 – 6.50pm|
|Wednesday||Zumba||7 – 8pm|
|Wednesday||Pilates||8 – 9pm|
|Thursday||Yoga||7 – 8pm|
All other classes will take place in the gym.
- Some exercise classes will move to College Meadow Pavilion from 14th February when Dance studio is set up for temporary changing and pool access.
- Exercise classes which move to College Meadow will not take place the weeks commencing 21st February and 25th April due to previous examination commitments.
- Temporary changing rooms and alternative route to swimming pool will be provided for use from around 21st February.
- Existing changing rooms will be closed off and construction work starts for approximate period of 6 months.
- During this time there will be no access to showers and alternative toilets will be provided.
- Construction work taking place outside of public opening times.
- Online bookings system remains the same.