Our swimming lessons have restarted.
As we have had to introduce cleaning times in between our lessons and lower the class ratios to allow for social distancing many swimmers that were with us prior to the closure will be swimming at different times than you were before (see timetable below) and with different teachers. We will try our best to provide lessons that suit everyone’s needs but we would also like to remind everyone that we have had a number of restrictions placed upon us due to Covid-19 but, this is only a temporary situation. As soon as we are able to revert to our regular programme we will do so.
C-19 Temporary Changes
In order to protect yourselves and our team we are operating a temporary swimming lesson timetable to comply with government and Swim England guidance. These changes include:
- If you have any of the Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home. Check www.nhs.uk
- We are unable to operate Stage 1 and 2 swimming lessons during this time as all teaching must be done from poolside.
- Please arrive on time for your lesson, but not early.
- Please arrive ‘beach ready’ as you cannot use the changing rooms before your lesson.
- Only 1 spectator can accompany swimmers from one household/social bubble.
- There will be no access to the showers.
- Keep the time taken in the changing rooms after your lesson down to a minimum.
- When leaving the centre, follow the signage to the correct exit, adhering to the one-way system.
- There will be a 10-minute gap between every lesson for the poolside and equipment to be cleaned and to reduce congestion in the changing areas.
- Our teachers will clean all equipment used between each lesson using chlorinated water.
- Equipment cannot be shared between swimmers or teachers.
- Teachers are not allowed to adjust goggles/hats.
- Social distancing markers will be in place around the pool for swimmers and spectators.
- Teachers must teach from poolside but will enter the water in the event of an emergency.
- All our regular first aid and emergency procedures remain in place.
- Our swimming lessons follow the Swim England Learn to Swim & Aquatic Skills Frameworks Stages 3 – 10.
- All group lessons are taught by ASA Level 2 or above qualified teachers.
- Stage 3 – 7 lessons last 25 minutes.
- Stage 8, 9 and 10 lessons last 40 – 50 minutes and require fins which can be purchased from reception for £25, or from various retailers online.
- Adult groups cater for both beginner and improver swimmers.
- Swimmers must be at least 4 years and 6 months old to be eligible for lessons, due to the depth (1m shallow to 2m deep) and temperature (29°) of the pool.
- Swimmers can enrol at any point in the term and are continually assessed to enable them to move classes as soon as they are ready.
- Lessons run 50 weeks of the year, only stopping for the Christmas break.
- To enquire about availability please call 0208 851 9111, or email email@example.com and speak to one of the team.
- Maximum number of swimmers in classes:
- Stages 3 and 4 6 swimmers
- Stages 5 – 7 8 swimmers
- Stages 8 – 10 10 swimmers
Our group swimming lessons cost £65 per 10 week term. These prices are charged pro rata if you join mid-term i.e. £6.50 per lesson. In addition to your lesson, this includes:
- A badge and certificate – if one is achieved in the term.
- Unlimited swimming during our general swim sessions.
- If your child is under 8, as an accompanying adult you can swim for free too.
- One ELSA swimming hat per year (subject to availability).
- Hats and goggles are available to buy from reception.
- Lockers cost £1 returnable.
- Free Parking is available on Mottingham Lane and Grove Park Road (sign posted Eltham College).
- Free WiFi available.
- For more information about membership please please call 0208 851 9111, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and speak to one of the team.
|5||4.35pm||5.10pm||5.45pm||9am, 9.35, 10.10 & 10.45am||11.30am, 12.05pm & 12.40pm|
With a focus on quality, partnered with our friendly atmosphere and competitive prices, children can learn to swim and gain confidence whilst having fun.
- The Club Hub is for those swimmers who would like to train for competition beyond Stage 10.
- These sessions are taken by an ASA/Swim England Level 2 or above qualified coach, with a swimming club background.
- Training will move from ‘learn to swim’ to ‘train to win’ with the focus on: precision technique and skill work, introduction to competition rules, and building race speed and stamina.
- Swimmers can take part in either or both of the sessions provided each week (2 x 50 minute sessions available).
- The cost of swimming both sessions is £130 (10 weeks).
- We are partnered with Orpington Ojays Swimming Club to provide a pathway to competitive level swimming for every ELSA swimmer.
1 to 1 Lessons
- Our one-to-one lesson programme is currently suspended in accordance with the government and Swim England guidance. As and when we are allowed to teach them again we will do so.
Swim England Awards
- We operate a continuous assessment programme using the Swim England Learn To Swim & Aquatic Skills Frameworks which means swimmers can achieve an award at any point during the term.
- All our awards (badge & certificate) are FREE.
- If you have any questions or would like to make an enquiry please call 0208 851 9111, or email email@example.com and speak to one of the team.